Thursday 26 November 2009

EXCUSES*

Originally i was going to design an oozing slime font which would pay homage to the great b movie classic poster designs of the 50's.




But after thinking a little more i decided i thought it was a little obvious and ultimately went in another direction with it. The original idea was much better.


I worked on a new piece which was inspired by the idea of sinking in quicksand, realised from a great archive of pictures taken during a climber and amateur photographer's travels in the 70's. (above)
The warm colour palette of the image appealed me and i wanted to involve it in my excuse. I used the type Britannic Bold for my excuse but unfortunately although i liked how it looked, using an existing type like this and just editing it wasn't really answering the brief properly.

No comments:

Post a Comment